Wednesday, 10 May 2017

RESTAURANT REVIEW | BRICK PIZZA AND DONNELLI'S PIZZERIA


I've recently found a renewed love for Pizza, and since moving away from London I've had to do a quick search around Norwich to fill the Franco Manca shaped hole in my belly! Thankfully, Norwich has branched out from shitty Pizza Hut (do any Norwich readers remember the queue there ALWAYS was outside Pizza Hut in the centre?! Crazy!) and now has some amazing, independent places to go when you fancy a slice or few!...


Brick Pizza

A few of you may have noticed on Instagram that about a month back I made the trip to Brick Pizza. Like Urban Jungle, I found this place on Instagram, as unless you're a regular visitor of Norwich Market this isn't a place you see when passing. Brick feels like a little hidden gem though, discrete alongside the colourful striped roofs of it's neighbour's, this place is oh so cool - just the right amount of hipster ;) - and, most importantly, incredibly delicious!
I visited Brick at lunch time with my mum, and with both our favourite pizza being Napoli it was the obvious choice to share! With part of the kitchen - including the pizza oven - being open to view, it was great to see the pizza being fresh made from start to finish in a matter of minutes! The base was mega thin, just how I like it, and the tomato was rich and spread evenly to perfection. Although I initially thought the toppings were a little sparse, the full flavour of the base, tomato and cheese meant that actually little extra was needed! Also, plus points for chilli oil and flakes provided on the table too!... Just one tiny down point was the section of crust that got burnt - which I'm sure was a one off and let's be honest, we still ate all of it! I can't wait to head back again soon, and would DEFINITELY recommend for a quick lunch or a relaxed evening meal!


Donnelli's Pizzeria

On to Donnellli's - I finally got round to visiting a few days ago! This time I headed along with a friend (HALLO DAN if you're reading!) - who together make up the most indecisive duo there is! Knowing we wanted something slightly spicy, the waitress was kind enough to narrow it down for us and we ordered the Sorrento. This is the older of the two places and seems more like a place where you would go for date night, a family meal - not posh, but slightly less casual than Brick.
On to the pizza - the base was super thin, which as I said, is just how I like it! The tomato didn't seem quite as rich as Brick, and had a certain sweetness to it. I couldn't decide if this was a good thing or not; with the other savoury toppings it was a great balance, but where there wasn't any I just wasn't sure...! Anyway - although not really as spicy as we'd hoped, the rest of the pizza was perfect - great crusts, good quality topping - another place I'll be looking to head back to. It would be great to see a vegan option on the menu like Brick though, as this little extra option will be winning my custom back when I head out for lunch in a couple of weeks time with a vegan friend!


I hope you've enjoyed this little write up of two of Norwich's independent Pizza restaurants! If you've visited let me know how you found it, and also if you know of any other Pizza places to visit in the area!
For further information, including menus and how to get there, click >>here<< for Brick Pizza, and >>here<< for Donnelli's Pizzeria.

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

2 comments:

  1. No way! Actually planning on visiting Brick Pizza tomorrow to celebrate my deadlines - if not I'll deffo head over to Donnelli's. Perfect timing for this post!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever make it to Brick? Hope you had a good time celebrating :) x

      Delete