Wednesday, 8 February 2017

WHY RUST IS THE NEW CAMEL



Remember when everybody and their mum decided they just had to buy a camel coat? Well, it's time to put them back on the hanger and invest in a rust coloured one instead. The bolder, more universally flattering colour than camel, rust is the new neutral for the remainder of the cold weather and right in to summer! And with copper being such a hit for homeware, jewellery and beauty (in the form of copper eye shadows), rust is the clothing colour adaptation!... Because let's be honest, metallic copper clothing would only look flattering on someone who hasn't discovered cheese or mini eggs!
While I've been loving pairing it with all black outfits (no change there!), as a neutral tone it can be paired with a range of colours - with my top picks being white, navy and khaki for the summer months. For now though, a striped roll neck and my biggest shopper bag makes this my every day go to outfit for these colder spells!

Outfit:
Topshop Rust Wool Jacket (similar here and here), Zara Striped Jersey Roll Neck (similar here), Topshop Black Leigh Jeans, Warehouse Shopper Bag (similar here), Black Low Converse


Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

6 comments:

  1. I love how you styled your jacket! I love the colour - I never bought a camel coat because I didn't think it flattered my skin tone, but I think rust is a much more easy-to-wear colour! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ruby! Unfortunately I bought a camel coat and it now just sits unused! haha xx

      Delete
  2. I love your jacket!

    Liz
    www.liznroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks emily :) love your blog, the photography editing is really amazing! x

      Delete