Friday, 13 January 2017

FIVE REASONS TO VISIT COPENHAGEN


*Before I start off properly, I just want to say sorry for the poor quality photos... I took my tiny (and pretty rubbish!) point and shoot camera to save on luggage space and weight! This WILL be the year I pick up an Olympus Pen E-PL7/8!*

Nyhavn: This is the place where every tourist comes to take a photo, and we were no different! Although a blue sky would have set off the colourful canal beautifully, it was just as perfect lined with Christmas lights instead! While we were there, the cobbled canal was pretty crowded with the festive market and it's customers, but thankfully we managed to find a little warm haven in one of the pubs with a hot glass of Gløgg! A must if visiting in winter and in need a little pick me up!




Fashion: Whilst I know I didn't dress warm enough for the icy wind of Copenhagen's winter weather, nothing I'd have worn would've meant I'd have been cool enough to fit in with how incredibly well dressed everyone was! Honestly, if you need some inspiration for how to dress Scandi-Chic, just have a wander down Strøget... Picture it, Brittany Bathgate's sense of style but on EVERYONE *heart eye emoji*

Outfit:
Topshop Camel Coat (similar here), Marks and Spencer Checked Scarf, Warehouse Knitted Jumper Dress (similar here), Marks and Spencer Knot Detail Shopper, New Balance ML373 Trainers*



Food: My friend I was travelling with is vegan, so we kind of had to pre-plan where we could eat to accommodate this. There were definitely three stand out places we ate at, first being 42 Raw. We went here late morning, so I was in between wanting breakfast and lunch before we got there. As soon as I stepped inside though, their huge bowls of fresh, seasonal salads won me over and I got a mix of two with added avocado. Another place I loved was Mad & Kaffe, which did the most amazing breakfast - allowing you to choose each element of your breakfast. I went for the 5 plate option, which was more than enough... and the smoked salmon was some of the best I've ever had! Last but by no means least, Copenhagen Street Food on Paper Island is a MUST visit. Although it was too dark for decent photos, there was definitely something for everyone - from sushi to falafel, cheesecake to traditional danish open sandwiches. I went for pulled duck chips from Duck It and a pulled pork and pickle sandwich from Oink Oink - and they were both f***ing AMAZING! To add to that, we had some of the biggest and tastiest Gin Cocktails we've ever had from Cocktailbaren... and left very merry!



Shopping: Not necessarily a place a lot of people would think to come as a shopping destination, but I found it had every shop and brand I'd want to visit in London and more. Acne? Check! Wood Wood? Check! Monki? Check! Even Topshop? Check! Not only were fashion stores covered, but the Beauty Halls in the Department Stores were just amazing too - selling everything from Sephora to Kat Von D, Aesop to Anastasia Beverly Hills. All brands and budgets are covered! Or if you're more in to Homeware, the only place you need to visit is Hay - the most beautiful, contemporary Scandi inspired furniture and accessories store there is!



Tivoli Gardens: One of the oldest and most popular seasonal amusement parks in the World, Tivoli is a must visit during the Christmas period and so was top of our list to visit while in the city. It looked absolutely amazing at night, with nearly every inch of the park covered in lights and decorations - from the trees to the roller coaster tracks to the giant trogan style reindeer! It is almost impossible to visit the park without leaving feeling festive. I know, I know, Christmas is only just over... But if you're wanting to book a festive get a way - Copenhagen and Tivoli Gardens has to be top of your list!



Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

2 comments: