Friday, 2 December 2016

HOW TO WEAR METALLICS IN THE DAY TIME





If you've followed this blog for a little while you'll have noticed that I don't wear skirts much. I'm definitely more of a trousers and jeans kinda gal! But seeing the likes of Olivia and Charlotte styling out some pleated ones recently, I kinda just fell totally in love with the trend and got myself one in the form of this metallic number. I liked that it was a darker silver than other ones I've seen about, and felt this would make it wearable for both day and night. And now it's officially the build up to Christmas (having opened the first of the advent calendar doors!) I feel like metallic in the day is not just acceptable but basically a must, and has given me all the festive feels.
So, how to style a metallic skirt for the day? That's simple, add knitwear and ankle boots! While I love the look of leaving a slouchy knit untucked over a skirt, it made my middle look even wider than usual so a loose tuck in was definitely needed for me! And to give just the little bit of height needed with a midi skirt (and because NO ONE likes cold feet) I added these contrast section ankle boots. They've been basically a god send this season, and even though I don't think they've debuted on the blog before I have been wearing them non stop... and what's even better is that they still look brand new and cost just under £30! BARGAIN.

Outfit:
Topshop Faux Leather Jacket (similar here), Pandora Silver Necklace (similar here), H&M Turtle Neck Jumper (similar here), Warehouse Metallic Pleated Skirt (similar here), Monki Semi-Circle Bag, Zara Contrast Ankle Boots








Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, so so pretty! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I've been wearing this skirt so much! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you! they're my favourite trend piece this season definitely x

      Delete