Tuesday, 20 December 2016

DIY CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS #2



How is it less than a week until Christmas? This month has flown by and I've really struggled to keep up with posts having taken up a little Christmas job... however, I've FINALLY got my act together and so here is the second installment of my DIY gift wrap ideas... Enjoy!

DIY 1: Christmas Newspaper Bunting
Difficulty: 4/5
Time: 20 minutes per present
You will need: Newspaper, Alphabet Stamps, Ink Pad, Two Colour Twine, Scissors, Brown Paper, Glue Stick


Step 1: Wrap present in brown paper
Step 2: Wrap twine around present 4 times and knot on underside



Step 3: Cut newspaper in to strips approx 1cm wide by 4cm long
Step 4: Using the alphabet stamps (or feel free to write by hand if you have nice hand writing!), stamp your Christmassy word across the lower half of the newspaper strips and allow to dry



Step 5: Slide newspaper strip under the twine, fold in half and stick in place using glue stick. Repeat for every strip making sure you put the letters in the correct order!


Step 6: Once glue has dried, cut a shallow triangle out of the bottom of each of the newspaper strips as shown, and that's the first DIY complete!


DIY 2: Washi Tape Gift Tags
Difficulty: 1/5
Time: Under 5 minutes per tag
You Will Need: Brown Paper, Two Coloured Twine, Mini Plain Gift Tags, Washi Tape, Mini Pegs



Step 1: Wrap your present in brown paper and tie a cross with the coloured twine
Step 2: On one side of your gift tag, write your message
Step 3: On the other side, stick strips of washi tape



Step 4: Cut off the string from the gift tag and peg it on to twine already tied in the present... and that's the most simple Christmas gift tag DIY done!


I hope you liked this post and let me know if you do either of these DIYs or the two from my previous post!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

8 comments:

  1. Seriously wish I saw this post before I wrapped my gifts! So great! xx

    www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next year I'll do an earlier diy wrap post! :) x

      Delete
  2. I literally have all those things right in my stationery box, but never thought of these adorable ideas! Thanks for sharing this, I was getting sick of wrapping gifts with the same paper all day! xx

    Kaylee 🎅ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw no problem! I only did a few special presents like this... I know the DIYs don't take long but when you have loads to do it does take quite a bit of extra time! x

      Delete
  3. these are adorable, the first one is so cute!

    Xxx
    www.fashiondew.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, wish I saw this post before Christmas.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah never mind! Change the colours and then the text to happy birthday and you can use it all year round haha x

      Delete