Thursday, 17 November 2016

WINTER WALKS








I've been finding it hard to get up and go recently, and with the colder temperatures and darker days, I've had an easy excuse not to leave the house. Trying to work from home requires a lot of self motivation, and having not done it for long has meant I'm still trying to get the balance right. A morning spent lazing in my dressing gown soon becomes a whole day, meaning I get very little done. And even when I do spend a whole day working, it's easy for friends to think I just sit and watch TV all day every day... Okay, so it does happen sometimes - and more often than I like to admit the last couple of weeks - but other days I wake up and just realise I can't let life pass me by quite so much!
One of these days came earlier this week, and with the rain finally stopping, I decided to cut my usual morning of day time TV short, put on my warmest boots and head out with my mum for a little winter walk in the woods. I can't remember the last time I went for a walk that wasn't between shops in the city centre, so a little bit of fresh air was much needed. Walking along the trodden paths, passing all the dreamy Autumn colours, we got our first glimpse of the Christmas season spotting the bright red of the holly berries weaving through a fence (prompting an idea for a Christmas themed blog post, so check back for that in the next couple of weeks!)
I came back with a cold nose but feeling refreshed for the coming week, making me realise this is definitely something I need to do more often. And you never know, next time I might spot Sid the squirrel or Betsy the badger on our winter walk, and that's a chance I definitely don't want to miss!

Outfit:
Topshop Faux Fur Gilet (similar here), ASOS Gold Necklace, Topshop Aaron Knit Jumper (similar here), Primark Bag (similar here), Topshop Jeans, Office Shearling Lined Boots (similar here)






Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

2 comments:

  1. I love your Faux fur gilet, it looks so cosy! Going for a walk can be really freshinf, especially if you've been inside all day!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! my arms were actually really cold though! haha x

      Delete