Monday, 28 November 2016

DIY CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS #1



Having started my Christmas shopping, of course the next thing to do is wrap the presents up! I've always loved looking through Pinterest for ideas of festive wrapping, but I've never actually got round to trying them out... So having a little more time this year has given me the chance to have a go and share them with you too! I've got a part two (and maybe three!) to come too, including DIY gift tags, so make sure to follow and check back again soon for more!

DIY 1: Holly Berries and Hessian
Difficulty: 1/5
Time: 5-10 minutes per present
You will need: Scissors, Brown Paper, Hessian Jute Roll, Two Colour Twine, Holly Bush Branch


Step 1: Wrap present in brown paper
Step 2: Wrap hessian jute roll around present twice
Step 3: Cut hessian length from roll with both ends meeting at the underside of the present, and tape in place.


Step 4: Cut a length of twine long enough to wrap around present at least twice, leaving excess to tie knot.
Step 5: Lay Holly bush branch in place on top of present and wrap twine around holding the branch in place, knot at underside of present and you're done!


DIY 2: Graphic Washi Tapes
Difficulty: 1/5
Time: 5 minutes per present
You will need: Scissors, Brown Paper, Washi Tapes (4 minimum), Dymo Label Maker



Step 1: Wrap present in brown paper
Step 2: Wrap first tape around present, with both ends meeting at the underside of the present
Step 3: Wrap second tape around present, so that it crosses the first tape (as shown below)


Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3, offsetting the tape to one side of the first crossed tape by about 5mm



Step 5: Using Dymo label maker, spell out name of who the present is for and print
Step 6: Peel off label backing and stick in place next to washi tape, and that's DIY 2 complete!



Let me know if you give either of these DIYs a go! And like I said, I've got a second gift wrapping DIY to come so keep an eye out for that!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

4 comments:

  1. I just love getting creative with Christmas wrapping too! These are great ideas, I think the second one is my favourite as it's so simple yet effective - very cool!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It's so so easy to do! I got the washi tape from ebay so it was cheap too x

      Delete
  2. I love customising Christmas wrapping and making each present feel unique, might give some of these a go!

    francesca | francescasophia.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be having a second wrap post too so check back for that! x

      Delete