Thursday, 6 October 2016

WHY I STOPPED WEARING MONOCHROME*

(*some of the time!)




A long overdue HEY to you all! It's been a rather long time since I last posted on here, for reasons I'd rather not talk about just yet, but maybe one day. A LOT of things have changed since my last post too, not in terms of this blog but personally, with the highlight being that I've moved back to my home town of Norwich (... and maybe I'll even get to spot one of my fave bloggers Helen Anderson now I'm back too!)
Another change you may have guessed from the title (and photos!) is that I've stopped the constant flow of monochrome outfits. Although it may still be the majority of my wardrobe, I've decided that I shouldn't not buy something just because it's not monochrome. I would literally walk around the shops and be like OMG I love that... but then Naahhh, doesn't sit with my wardrobe. I mean what's the logic in that? My wardrobe was becoming limited, and to be honest a bit boring and bland. So when I spotted these jeans I knew something had to change. The single pink nose on the knee stitching was putting me off buying the jeans - yes a 1 x 1cm stitching of pink. But the crazy cat lady in my prevailed over my monochrome OCD and I just went for it, and from then on it's like something had just clicked and changed. I know it sounds kinda pathetic but it's like I needed that tiny little change to start noticing everything else. It was almost like my wardrobe had been reflecting my mood for the past year - kinda standard, not happy, not sad, kinda just floating in nothing. I didn't mean for this post to turn into an episode of Inside Laura's Brain, but I feel like the sudden pop of colour needed a little explanation. And now, well, I feel a little bit better. Whether that's just that I've moved home or that I'm occasionally wearing colour, I'm not sure. But one thing I am sure of is that I'm feeling a little less monochrome.

Outfit:
Topshop Bomber Jacket, Topshop T-shirt (similar here), Zara Satchel Rucksack (similar here and here), Monki Jeans, Converse Trainers













One last little thing to mention is that the blog name will be changing too, I've not decided on a name quite yet so bear with me! I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little colour around here, I know I have! Let me know in the comments what you think of the outfit and also if you've ever noticed your wardrobe reflecting your mood too.

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Those jeans are just fab! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I do love them rather alot! x

      Delete
  2. I love those jeans! I haven't seen something like that before haha

    I recently started blogging and would love for you to check it out:
    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! I've seen lots of patches but no embroidered knees! Love the blog, keep posting! x

      Delete