Thursday, 13 October 2016

HOW TO DRESS FOR AUTUMN





Even though today's weather of grey skies and rain makes it feel like full on Winter, I wanted to talk about the in between season of Autumn. The not-quite-coat-but-need-more-than-a-jumper season. This year I've been saved by the trend of the "shacket" (yes I hate using that word as much as you!), and have been wearing my khaki version non stop! It's the perfect layer for the first crisp, cold mornings, but not so thick that you can't wear it if the sun decides to peak through in the afternoon. I actually picked mine up on a trip to The Netherlands before I knew they were cool (again, hate using that word!) from a second hand store for just €2! It makes me feel very smug when I see the prices of the high street versions!
To transition my shacket to Autumn, from wearing it in Summer with pretty white dresses and dainty camis, I've introduced fine knits and berry tones in the form of my all time favourite Topshop lipstick and this beauty of a bag from Kate Spade. I just love khaki and burgundy together, the perfect Autumnal colours, and what makes them even better is how easily you can pair the colours alongside ones already in your wardrobe from the summer months - in my case, pale denim and tan moccasins.

Outfit:
H&M Turtle Neck Jumper (similar here), Vintage Khaki Shacket (similar here and here), Kate Spade Bag (similar here), Topshop Jeans, Topshop Moccasins (now in sale!)









Do you have any tips for transitional Autumn dressing? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

10 comments:

  1. I love this, that shacket is just gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find boots are a good transitional piece for me! I love wearing them in summer (with cute dresses) through to winter!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely regretted wearing these pumps - my feet were freezing!... so the boots are now out! haha x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love scarves for autumn: it might be more for winter, but I love the cosy feeling!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! the scarves will definitely be out soon enough! x

      Delete
  4. Pretty outfit...
    I've been loving this cute burgundy door, totally matches your bag.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that was the idea! I looked on street view on google til I found it x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks! I've been wearing this loads x

      Delete