Monday, 29 June 2015

RESTAURANT REVIEW | THE CAFE IN THE PARK



After reading about this place on twitter, I found myself excited to try it as soon as Daley and I had a day off together. But with our two phones drained of battery on the way there, we found ourselves giving up on finding The Cafe In The Park for the day and decided to head to the Aquadrome as this was sign posted everywhere... and by absolute coincidence, the cafe was right there too! YES! We're not from around the area and don't know Rickmansworth at all so we felt this was quite the achievement!




With our drinks in hand, we looked at the small but perfectly formed menu. I usually take a good ten minutes minimum choosing what to eat but the site of halloumi, falafel and tzatziki all in one meal meant I chose the Mezze within seconds! Daley claimed he wasn't hungry but still went on to order the biggest item on the menu in the form of the Olde Spot burger. This is typical Daley, but I don't mind as I usually get to help him finish his meal like the greedy guts I am haha! Little did we know though, that this would be one of the most delicious portions of chips and juicy burgers we would ever encounter and he didn't want to share more than one chip with me!! In that one chip though (well, actually, I did manage to pinch another few... shhh!), I really have to say they were the best chips I've ever eaten. I'm not sure what they were seasoned with in cooking, but they were spot on - just the right saltiness, width and crispiness for us both to agree and declare that they were THE PERFECT CHIPS! The burger was absolutely bloody tasty too, I must add!



On to my Mezze - it had a lot of living up to do after them chips! With trying to be slightly healthy recently, this was the perfect choice. Each dip was super delicious and really flavourful; my favourite being the tzatziki, but surprisingly also really loving the smashed peas. I'm a halloumi fan through and through, so this was obviously another a big thumbs up from me too! Although there wasn't quite enough flat bread for the amount of dips, this meant I finished my meal completely satisfied with out feeling horribly bloated. Good job healthy little mezze, you curbed my jealously of Daley's burger and chips rather well!



But then the waitress tempted us with the cakes! I felt my healthy day quickly disappearing just at the thought of the sugary delciousness! However we were recommended a few that would perhaps make me feel not quite so bad - GF Orange Cake, Courgette and Lime Cake (surely with fruit and veg in the names, they must be healthy...?!) and even the Amazing Cake which contained no egg, sugar, milk or butter! Each cake looked so so enticing, but it was ultimately the Banana cake you see below, in all it's sticky glory, that we ended up taking with us to go! Completely worth ending my healthy day as it was just SO good! SO SO GOOD!




We had such an amazing meal here, that The Cafe In The Park is now our new little favourite place to eat outside of London! Definitely a place I'll be taking people to when they come to visit, even if we just pop in for a drink (and, of course, a portion of chips!) before heading out for a walk around the area. I hope if any of you get round to taking a visit here, you love it as much as we do! Where's your favourite place to eat in your area? We'd love to try some new places outside of London! Let me know in the comments!

To find out more about The Cafe In The Park or to view their menu, click here.

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it was sooo delicious! I wish I lived a bit closer as I would definitely go at least once a week!

      Rose and Weston x

      Delete
  2. That food all looks so good!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was! I could even eat it now at 9 in the morning!!

      Rose and Weston x

      Delete
  3. This looks freakin' delish!!
    x
    www.honeybelleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ones of the best meals everr! x

      Delete
  4. nice!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg the food just looks incredibly tasty! I love the location too :)

    www.anacelinelabod.com
    ps. there’s an Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, makes me hungry every time I look at the pics! Rose and Weston x

      Delete
  6. It looks like a cute little place and I literally want to bit into that burger right now x

    - Wildfire Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! will definitely get the burger next time I go! x

      Delete
  7. This place is too cute, love the yellow quote wall. And the food looks good too

    xxMel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so cute! can't wait to go back :) x

      Delete
  8. The food looks so delicious ! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! seriously looking forward to going back to eat it all again! x

      Delete
  9. How delicious does that food look. I've heard about this place before and it looks like a great place to visit.

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you get the chance, definitely take a visit! it's as good as it looks! :) x

      Delete
  10. Fries look delish !

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm they were! wish I lived closer so I could go back and eat them all the time! x

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. ahhh it really was! every time I get a new comment on this post it makes me want to go back so bad! x

      Delete
  12. This looks like such a cute cafe!! ♡(.◜ω◝.)♡
    ↠Mondays & Mimosas↞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was super cute! just how I'd want my own cafe to look!

      Rose and Weston x

      Delete
  13. Wow the food looks so amazing there! I love that they sell gluten free cakes too.
    Emma Xx
    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know - even though i don't need gluten free products, when they look this good why wouldn't you!? haha x

      Delete
  14. Great review! Love the pics. The food looks so delicious.
    Good vibes Fox
    -www.wanderlife.tv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was, can't wait to go back! x

      Delete