Monday, 30 March 2015

RESTAURANT REVIEW | WAGAMAMA



So I just want to set the record straight - as many times as I compare other restaurant's ramen dishes to Wagamama's and the competition wins hands down, that doesn't mean I still don't love Wagamama! Their ramen may not be my absolute favourite but some of their other dishes I am a massive fan of and would happily eat on rotation everyday of the week. One such dish is the Firecracker Prawns, which I ate on this occasion, and is one of my favourites. Before I get in to that deliciousness though let me talk through the beginning of my visit...



Being a new Wagamama restaurant it was nice to see a slightly updated interior, with seating looking over the kitchen and private booths, as well as the long tables we all know Wagamama for. We did however get plonked right at the back and the lighting was pretty dark so didn't really get to enjoy the new atmosphere like those sat towards the front of the restaurant. However, we were more interested in the food than the space, and so got on with the order. I always go for the juice, as I find it nicely refreshing alongside the savoury food, so was happy to find a new flavour on the menu - Clean Green Juice - kiwi, avocado and apple. I disappointingly couldn't taste the avocado but was super tasty all the same. As always, we then ordered the Pulled Pork Gyozas which went down very nicely. I hate ordering the same thing again and again, but we enjoy these too much not to! Although one day I must try the Chilli Squid and Goma Wakame Salad, as I've heard many good things about both dishes!


...And finally, on to the main. The delicious Firecracker Prawns! This, along with the Prawn Chilli Men and Prawn Kare Lomen (see the prawn theme going on here!), is a definite favourite. With the Firecracker I always swap out the rice in favour of noodles, and then add on a fair amount of chilli oil, chilli flakes and soy, and there we have a veryyy tasty dish! Being a fan of heat in a dish, I was always going to be drawn to this chilli filled choice, but the actual flavour of the chilli's is beautifully sweet, sour and smokey all in one. Now once again, let's not pretend I know how to describe flavours properly and just trust me that you need to visit your nearest Wagamama as soon as possible!


Oh, and we also got some Chocolate Fudge Cake. Kinda average, but a nice way to end the meal.

To visit the Wagamama website and see the menu, click here.

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

29 comments:

  1. Why haven't I been to a Wagamama's yet?! They food looks so delicious, I've been getting into spicy foods a lot more recently so I'd definitely be interested in trying the firecracker prawns!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you're not a huge fan of spice there's loads more to try! but firecracker prawns is delish! x

      Delete
  2. stumbled upon your blog by chance but now am so hungry i need to eat! love the post!
    xo
    www.cocktailsandcatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha whenever I find food posts I always get hungry too! x

      Delete
  3. The food looks delicious; especially the dessert. And I also really like the look of the plates!

    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wagamama is always delicious! Love your DIYs, would love to see some wedding season ideas? :) x

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Very nice blog!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks so good! I am now hunhry haha

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thinking about Wagamama always makes me hungry! x

      Delete
  6. i absolutely love wagamama!!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! love your blog layout :) x

      Delete
  7. I recently went to Wagamama for my 18th Birthday and it was super! Got some very similar food to you actually! It's just amazing in there, and everythings really nice and healthy, apart from the cakes that is!
    Here's a link to my post on my first Wagamama experience if you want to check it out: The Food Diaries | Wagamama

    Great post Laura! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I love that I leave not feeling like I've had a really unhealthy meal! your wagamama post was great too! :) x

      Delete
    2. Oh I agree :D Thanks Laura! xox

      Delete
  8. the food looks unreal, haven't been to wagamama in ages!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either but never disappoints when I take a trip back there! x

      Delete
  9. Oh God I love Waga, you've made me want one so bad! xx

    Halcyon Velvet

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks delicious! I love Wagamama!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! definitely my favourite chain restaurant! x

      Delete
  11. Wagas is one my my favs..well fav chain anyway!
    Love their ramen too, oh and the qyoza

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same! there are better Japanese restaurants about but as a chain it's pretty darn good! x

      Delete
  12. You can never go wrong with a cheeky Wagamama! My favourite dish has to be the yaki udon and I love the chilli squid x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with all their unusual names I just had to google which dish that was haha!... I love that one too! Mmmm x

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. it was! realllly love your latest outfit post on your blog!

      Rose and Weston x

      Delete