Friday, 13 March 2015

RESTAURANT REVIEW | THE ESTCOURT ARMS




I wasn't expecting to do a blog post on The Estcourt Arms, but as soon as this baguette and scotch egg arrived, my taste buds got excited and so I whipped out my camera! It's not a place you expect your steak to come medium rare and your scotch egg soft in the centre, with it's traditional old fashioned pub interior and pile of board games. I guess that's what made it even better though, the fact it was so unexpected.
Like I said, the steak came a perfect pink for me, and what made it better than a lot of pub steak sandwiches is that the steak wasn't at all cheap and chewy. In fact it didn't have a single piece of fat in the whole sandwich and so I munched away very happily in to the sourdough baguette! It also came with a simple but freshly made salad with your own choice of dressing and a lovely homemade coleslaw on the side, again much unlike the typical pub salad with limp lettuce leaves and not much else! A great, quick pub lunch all round... but then on to the scotch egg, which made it all the better!...



Just look at the scotch egg above! I was expecting it to be tasty after the baguette but oh my gaaahd it was so so good! The egg was still beautifully runny even after sitting there whilst I ate my baguette, and the meat was amazing! It's sourced from the local Gibson butchers and was seasoned and mixed with chorizo just perfectly. I haven't eaten that many fresh scotch eggs in my time, but I'm sure this is going to be hard to beat (although I am very biased as I LOVE chorizo)! So if you're after a really great, freshly cooked pub lunch in a relaxed atmosphere where you can play a very competitive game of scrabble for over 3 hours and not feel rushed to leave (like we did! And YES, the word QUID in the photo below did earn me 96 points! I hope you're reading this Liz! Mwahaha!), then give this place a visit! We'll definitely be heading back to make use of the beer garden as soon as the sun peeks out!




To view the website and find out a little more about The Estcourt Arms, click here.

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

4 comments:

  1. Certainly sounds like a pub to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! I recommend if you're around Watford! x

      Delete
  2. Woahhhhh this food looks amazing!! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! will be heading back again soon! x

      Delete