Thursday, 26 February 2015

LIBRARIAN GREY



Last week it was my birthday! I'm now very old and don't wish to talk about ever coming up to a quarter of a century years old! However I do want to talk about my love this (very grey!) outfit that I wore on my birthday! My other half said I looked like a librarian in this outfit, but if Orla Kiely's LFW show was anything to go by, librarian chic is the next big thing! And oh how I do love a good roll neck and dogtooth trouser combo, so will be fitting in very nicely with this trend! The roll neck you see here is actually from my mum's wardrobe, so I'm not sure where it's from but after receiving these trousers as a birthday present I made a beeline for this jumper after remembering her wearing this in previous years (my mum's so cool, she's ahead of the trends!) Continuing with the librarian theme, I added my trusty patent brogues and oversized satchel, and I was good to go!





This whole outfit I wore on my acutal birthday, including out in the evening for an enormous meal at Dray Yard Smokehouse in Norwich. Due to Monki's excellent thinking with the elasticated back half of the waistband, these trousers allowed superbly for my food baby! I don't feel the photos do the trousers full justice, so will be putting together an outfit post showing these again soon - make sure to keep an eye out for the post! I had hoped to also do a post of the whole of my birthday but I failed to take any during the day, and the ones took on my phone of the meal were super pixelated due to the dark lighting... but do make sure you check out Dray Yard Smokehouse's website and of course their restaurant as the food was divine! And our waiter was just hilarious - will definitely be going back again when I'm next home in Norwich!



Outfit: Faux Fur Collar Coat: Topshop via eBay, Roll Neck Jumper: Mum's Wardrobe (similar here), Dogtooth Print Trousers (now in sale): Monki, Patent Brogues: Schuh, Satchel: Zara (similar here)

What do you think of my version of librarian chic? Did you pick up on any trends from LFW you'll be wearing next winter? And have any of you made the trip to Norwich to eat at Dray Yard Smokehouse? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

18 comments:

  1. Happy elated birthday! Hope you had a great day! Love the grey monochrome, if only librarians dressed this well eh?

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah I know, I'd be in the library all the time if they dressed like the Orla Kiely collection really! x

      Delete
  2. I love the different shades of grey, it looks amazing!

    Charlotte - styleaked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I always thought I wore too much black but really it's always grey! x

      Delete
  3. love the coat colour! You have styled it so well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the classy vibe of this outfit, grey can be so diverse and I love it endlessly! You totally nailed it, Laura!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! absolutely love all the embroidery on your page! makes me wish my blog was more creative! x

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty outfit, hope you had an amazing Birthday! :)

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! Hope you had a great day :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! This look is very on-trend! Boyfriends don't know fashion ;)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really don't, do they! and thank you x

      Delete
  8. Super librarian chic xx


    http://www.sosowestcoast.com/blog/2015/3/7/blue-my-mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! you have such a lovely blog - so jealous you live west coast America! Much more exciting than the UK!

      Rose and Weston x

      Delete