Saturday, 7 February 2015

CULOTTES



It must be over a month since I did my last outfit post! With starting a new job just before Christmas, things got a little hectic and couldn't do anything on my days off other than eat or sleep until I got in to the swing of things! Have you been enjoying the food posts I've been doing though? As I kinda enjoy doing them a lot more than posing in the cold at the moment! Haha! Anyway, coming up nearly two months (where did January go?!) since I started, I finally have a good routine (and an ASOS delivery!) and thus outfit posts are back in full swing!
In the mentioned ASOS delivery, I grabbed a sale bargain in the form of these culottes down from £40 to £12! I've seen countless bloggers wearing culottes for months now, but its wasn't until seeing Chloe from The Little Plum styling them a few weeks back that I was really inspired to push my outfit comfort boundaries a little and take the plunge! I liked the mix up of tailoring with sport wear, and so channeled that in to my own take with my trusty Nike SB's and graphic sweatshirt. I'm still not 100% on the culottes, and having my legs on show during winter will give anyone a fright, but I'm going to keep styling them up different ways until I'm confident enough to wear them somewhere other than my house - as I currently feel too masculine in them with the trainers, even though that's a trend I love on other people!




On to the Whistles sweat shirt - this is my favourite piece of the moment! It just seems to work well with any trouser or jean, and especially love it paired with this little circle necklace to highlight to curve on the top! I am really loving everything new I see coming in to Whistles recently, and wanting cut down on the impulse spends, is the perfect brand for more investment pieces that I'll wear for years to come. I'd seen and adored this sweat full price but with an empty purse from Christmas spending I had to wait and keep fingers crossed for the sales where it was marked down once, and then marked down another time to 70% off and I couldn't hold off any longer! What a bargain it was!




Did you get any bargains in the sale? Have you tried styling up anything new and out of your usual comfort zone recently? I'd love to know!

Outfit: Sweatshirt: Whistles (now only £20!), Necklace: H&M, Culottes: ASOS, Trainers: Nike, Coat: Primark

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hair, love this look, super cool jumper!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that watch is gorgeous and pulls the whole look together! I wish I could pull off something like that but unfortunately it seems like I'm destined to live in jeans and sweatshirts forever haha!

    xo, Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! I usually stick to jeans too, just wanting to test out different styles though. I'm sure you'd be able to pull off culottes anyway :) x

      Delete