Wednesday, 21 January 2015

EXPLORING LONDON | SUSHI NO MAI



Having tried and been impressed by the Ramen here, we decided to take a trip back to Sushi No Mai to try out some of the other dishes. With the famous "Grandpa Sushi" as chef who used to work at Selfridges as the master sushi maker, I decided to go for his specialty - sushi, of course! I chose the Edomae Set, as it seemed to have a bit of everything including the classic tuna and salmon pieces but also some I'd never tried before including sea bass and eel. I liked that you can see everything being made fresh from where you sit too, and that it's much more clean, modern and warm than your average market food court! Each piece of fish was super fresh and tender, and the wasabi had a kick and a half. As a spice and heat lover, even my eyes watered a little as the green paste hit the spot! My surprise favourite of the set was the eel, which I've never fancied before, thinking it would be overpoweringly fishy tasting and chewy. However, it had a really nice flaky texture and a subtle, almost smoked fish flavour. Definitely something different to try if you see it on a sushi menu!




What's your favourite sushi restaurant? Have you ever tried and loved eel sushi? If not, what's your favourite sushi piece? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

4 comments:

  1. Ive tried sushi once and really didn't' like it but im determined to try again this year!

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lot of people don't but I seem to like everything I eat! haha x

      Delete
  2. Sushi is my absolutely favourite! This looks so yummy :) xx

    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! - going to have to try and find lots more around London :) love your recipe posts, my cooking never looks good enough to photo! haha x

      Delete