Wednesday, 28 January 2015

EXPLORING LONDON | HOMESLICE



Just looking at these photos is making me crave another one of these pizzas so bad! Having previously tried Franco Manca in Brixton, Homeslice had a lot of living up to do in the pizza department! We went what we thought was super early and arriving before 12.30 for lunch, it was already full! After a short wait, we were taken to a table and told the menu was on the wall. Having forgotton my glasses, Daley had to read the menu out to me which was a little frustrating as I like to read through a menu a good ten times before deciding! We went for a 50/50 pizza, with my half as butternut squash, blue cheese, watercress and crispy onions, and Daley's half as salami, rocket and Parmesan. The waiting was like torture as we watched the people on the table next to us finish off the most humungous pizza - seriously the biggest I've ever seen, and it looked and smelled just delicious! So, when ours arrived, we definitely were not disappointed!...




As you can see from the photos, the pizza took up very nearly the whole table expect the corners for our drinks! And because of this you're given paper plates, so that if you did drop one to the floor due to lack of space, there would be no smashed plates! It was a fun concept but quite hard eat at first as there was no where to put your slice and paper plate down once you've cut it other than on top of the pizza which made the plates greasy to hold. However, one I'd *attempted* to eat my first huge slice, my hands were covered in pizza so cleanliness went out of the window...! Whilst Daley is a folder, my method of pizza eating is less perfected and so just try my best to aim for my mouth dropping as little pizza as possible! Because with a taste like this pizza, wastage is a no no, as both toppings were just simply perfect!
Starting with my butternut squash and blue cheese topping, I was surprised to see no tomato on the base, just expecting the butternut to be in chunks across the pizza. But, as a squash worshiper, it was heavenly! The sweetness and mellow flavour of the butternut, combined with the tang of blue cheese, the crisp of the onions and the peppery flavour of the watercress, made a little but oh so amazing party for my tastebuds! On to Daley's half of salami, you could definitely taste the perfected base more clearly with this. I'm not saying it was more bland, just that the tomato highlighted the flavour of the dough rather than maybe slightly overpowering it like with the butternut. I was a teeny bit disappointed with the amount of salami when thinking about the pizzas price, but when you did catch a bite of it, it was nice strong flavour and softness so it tore easily when biting - no one likes a toppingless pizza after it all gets pulled off with the first mouthful! The addition of Parmesan added a touch more saltiness and cheesiness which is of course a bonus!




Homeslice is definitely a place I would recommend for any one visiting or living around the area! It's based in a cute little place called Neal's Yard, which is a lovely place to take a peak in to to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Seven Dials / Covent Garden area! And so, the perfect place for this delicious, relaxed pizza restaurant! I will hopefully be visiting Pizza East and Pizza Pilgrim soon too, so keep an eye out if you want to see how I think they fare compared to Homeslice!

To check out the Homeslice website for the menu or how to find the restaurant, click here.

P.S. Outfit posts coming very soon, I promise!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

20 comments:

  1. That pie was huge, like American standard huge! Would definitely try the butternut squash, I simply love anything with blue cheese :)

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg it looks so yummy!
    I wanna go there now!
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely go if you're nearby, well worth a visit! x

      Delete
  3. WOW that looks incredible, I need to go there immediately xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. it was huuuge, the biggest I've ever seen! x

      Delete
  5. Great post, I've just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did I love your posts!

    Charlotte x

    Charlotte Olivia | Travel & Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Charlotte! absolutely love your photos of London on your birthday! x

      Delete
  6. This looks unbelievably delicious, love your photos and blog! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh it was! your happiness post is so cute :) x

      Delete
  7. That pizza looks like a dream come true <3
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy and has made me really want a pizza now!! x

    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I alwayss want pizza! haha! definitely take a trip there if you're nearby x

      Delete
  9. oh man i really wish i went there whilst i was in london
    great post
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's so many places to visit though, I'm sure you went somewhere else nice :) x

      Delete
  10. this looks absolutely incredible, especially the squash!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete