Monday, 8 December 2014

MONOCHROME MONDAY | HOME ACCESSORIES CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE



Wishlist: Striped Cushion, White Plant Pots, Triangle Cushion, Ombre Carafe, Long Geometric Cushion, Decorative Painted Bowl, Black Geometric Candle, Texture Spot Cushion, Tall Cylindrical Vase, Ombre Knit Cushion, Geometric Storage Tins, Silver Desk Lamp

So, I basically want my home to be like my wardrobe - monochrome! IKEA is obviously the best shop on the planet, and I could happily visit every weekend if my bank balance and other half allowed! Even though their products are crazy cheap, buying a trolley full of crazy cheap still amounts to a lot! I always feel like a bit grown up when I ask for home accessories for Christmas, it makes me realise that maybe I'm not the 10 year old that asks for only toys on their list. They're also good investment pieces if you choose wisely, as they're on display and used more than most pieces of clothing you own! For the slightly more luxury pieces than IKEA, John Lewis is THE ONE for home accessories! I feel like if I buy items from here, they will last a life time! Or I'll keep telling myself that after I splurged on a single cushion for £35! What was I thinking... well actually, I know what I was thinking - this cushion is amazingggg!
My favourite items of this gift guide? Firstly, the ombre knit cushion from BHS, which I saw it in the window display of their Oxford Street store. I know it would look just perfect in my little monochrome house! Because it is knitted, it looks as though it's been hand made - but by a really talented, trendy weaver rather than your Granny! And I love hand made (or at least hand made looking) items, they just feel a bit more special to gift them as presents. Secondly is the silver desk lamp from IKEA. Do I really need to say more than it's chrome, only £15 and looks like the Pixar lamp?! No, I do not.

See anything that takes your fancy for Christmas on this home accessories gift guide? Or even anything you want to buy for your home right now? I sure know I'll be taking a trip to IKEA in the next week!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I absolutely love these.

    www.kindoflovely.com || AUS Fashion/Lifestyle
    p.s I am having a £30 ASOS voucher giveaway, just comment on my last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! you have a lovely blog - the photos are amazinggg! x

      Delete
  2. Awesome guide!

    www.morning-elegance.com
    www.youtube.com/morningeleganceblog

    ReplyDelete