Thursday, 11 December 2014

CHRISTMAS BURGUNDY



The day we shot these photos was the coldest day of the year so far. I was bloody freezing! Last minute, we decided to head in to central to top up on some festive vibes at Covent Garden but didn't head in until the sun was just starting to set - adding to the dropping temperature! I still haven't dug out the hat and gloves yet, so it's probably my own fault that my finger tips felt numb until the next day. Anyway, knowing we were going to go see some Christmas sights I decided to wear my favourite winter colour, burgundy! Inspired by the ASOS trend of Colour Control, I focused on burgundy as my main colour but of course couldn't help but add in some touches of grey. And no Christmas look is complete with out a little bit of check, so added this in as an in between layer to keep me just a teeny bit warmer!




Once we got to Covent Garden, it was heaving with Christmas shoppers and tourists and was actually a bit overwhelmingly busy! Also SantaCon was in full swing in the area, meaning that there were even more people around than usual - it was so funny seeing all the people dressed as Santa though, and added to the Christmas-y feeling! I didn't really get a chance to take any proper photos when we were there, but of course a few quick ones made it to my instagram! I haven't been feeling as festive as early this year, but this evening definitely helped! Plus my day off today is going to involve a bit of Christmas shopping followed by some classic Christmas films, so will soon be in crazy Christmas overdrive and I can't wait!





What are you doing to feel festive? Do you have a favourite colour to wear around Christmas? And what do you think of this outfit? Let me know in the comments!

Outfit: Dress: Topshop (similar here), Shirt: Topman, Coat: Topshop, Scarf: Forever 21, Bag: Primark, Boots: Century 21, Lipstick: Topshop

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

16 comments:

  1. I love the jumper and the color of the scarf is so pretty..
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? Please let me know on my blog or follow me and i will follow you back:)

    Jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! love burgundy if you couldn't tell :) I don't really use gfc, but follow me on Bloglovin' if you wish! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, I love the scarf! You also just solved some massive mystery for me - I was in London on the 6th and was so confused at how many Santas there were, I had no idea about Santacon, haha!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't know about it either until that day! Looked like so much fun though! x

      Delete
  3. <333 such pretty look !
    love it
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. aw thanks :) love your latest instadiary post! x

      Delete
  5. I love the colour and length of your scarf! SantaCon sounds like it was rather entertaining aha! Can only imagine it was

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was! lots of drunk and merry santas! love the patent brogues in your last blog post! x

      Delete
  6. Lovely layering!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! The extra layers were definitely needed! x

      Delete
  7. Great cozy outfit!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks cozier than it actually was haha! x

      Delete
  8. Interesting post! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin? Let me know at my blog. Keep in touch!

    With Love,
    Shikin Kikin
    Blog | Youtube | Bloglovin | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I don't really use GFC or Google+ but feel free to follow my Bloglovin' x

      Delete