Saturday, 8 November 2014

SHADES OF GREY



Seeing some of my favourite bloggers showing their everyday outfits inspired me to do the same. I wear this acid wash knit and skirt combo perhaps twice a week, and almost religiously with the coat and brogues. The sweatshirt is a classic chunky knit, but it was the slight cropped shape and that there was no elasticated seams to the edging that won me over. Being slightly cropped meant it was short enough to not have to tuck in to highwaisted pieces but I could also wear with most jeans with minimal draft exposure! No one likes the cold finding it's way in!




I've really been loving tonal outfits recently, so pairing the grey jumper with this grey checked skirt seemed obvious to me. I liked as well the stripe of the knit clashing with the checked pattern, then everything been drawn together with the tiny check of the coat. This outfit is kinda the "I didn't think too much about putting this outfit together, but I actually really did" outfit! Finished off and brightened up with a slick of Nars lipstick, and I give to you my everyday work look. What do you think of this outfit? Are you liking tonal looks? Or do you find wearing all one colour a bit boring?





Outfit: Jumper: Yumi, Boyfriend Coat: Topshop, Scarf: Accessorize, Skirt: Yumi, Messenger Bag: Zara, Brogues: Schuh

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

12 comments:

  1. Where is your scarf from?! I really love this look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's from Accessorize but I can't find it on the website anymore :( x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you! the tom yum chicken in your recent post looks delicious! x

      Delete
  3. Love your coat, it looks amazing with the rest of the outfit! We are native londoners and saw your post below about Wahaca, have walked past there too many times but never gone in, nonetheless, it looks so nice :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/saatchi-saatchi-ootd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you! :) Wahaca was so good, but I am sure there are many many more places to try! Loved your how to distress jeans post! I made an attempt once but ended up no way as good as yours...! x

      Delete
  4. Great look!
    I really love the coat you're wearing, it's one of those pieces that can make any outfit look a little bit more elegant.
    xx


    www.josephineteresa.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! just took a look at your blog, love your style, beautiful instagram photos too x

      Delete
  5. Love the Outfit!!!

    Serene xoxo

    http://imserenel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im equally as obsessed with grey at the moment and this outfit looks fab. Check out this post for some more items I think you might like http://styleaked.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/if-its-not-black-or-white-its-grey.html

    styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh the shoes on your post link are perfect but they don't have my size nooo! x

      Delete