Monday, 3 November 2014

EXPLORING LONDON | WAHACA



You know when your head is hungrier than your stomach? Well, that was definitely this day! After a tough day shopping in & Other Stories and Monki, I decided to take my friend, who'd traveled down from Birmingham, to a place I'd spotted on my walk to work. It was firstly the colourful design lining the windows that grabbed my attention and then as I stood reading the delicious, delicious menu the smell seeping through the doors confirmed it - I needed to try this place out.




Having had Mexican food at home the two days previous, I wasn't actually that in the mood for it a third day running but as soon as we got in and read through the menu once more my mouth was watering. We went for the Wahaca Selection as we just couldn't narrow it down ourselves, and after seeing a glorious bowl of guacamole sitting on the table next to us, we had to add that on to the order too. Both choices = best decisions ever! For someone who adds seasoning to everything, the guacamole was spot on and didn't need a thing. And this was the same for everything really; each plate had such amazing, yet completely different flavours. Our favourites? The pork pibil tacos and the sweet potato taquitos! Just thinking of them is making me hungry!









We both left super happy and even more full, wishing our waistbands had just that bit more give in them! A great priced, friendly and absolutely delicious place to eat, made even better in that every restaurant supports sustainability in environment, food sourcing and food projects abroad. Extra points for you Wahaca! To find out more about the restaurant, see the full menu and locations (we went to the Great Portland Street restaurant) click here.

Have any of you been to Wahaca before? Or have you found an even better Mexican restaurant in London? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

10 comments:

  1. That food looks so good! I love Mexican food :) I definitely need to pay that place a visit! xo

    ♡Kudzai || NEWKIDBLOGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'll have to try Wahaca since the food looks so good! Try Lupita or Chipotle, both of these restaurants are so good for mexican food!

    xx
    nat
    http://crashingfashionshouse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks for the recommendations! :) will definitely be taking a look! x

      Delete
  3. that food looks soo delicious! I will def go there when I am in London sometime :)
    X
    SUPERFREAK BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do! Trying to test out lotsss of places in London so keep checking back :) x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know! When sorting the photos to post I was craving this all over again! x

      Delete
  5. Oh man I love Wahaca, and I bought their cookbook recently which is fab too. My favourite dish is the chorizo empanadas, i swear i dream about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I didn't realise they had a cookbook! I love chorizo - will have to try that next time! x

      Delete