Thursday, 13 November 2014

CROSS STITCH



No idea why I haven't blogged about this jacket sooner! Or even why I haven't worn it with these trousers sooner! When I think of some answers I'll let you know. This isn't a current season Topshop jacket, but I feel for all the monochrome seen in store recently it would sit perfectly in their AW14 collection. The stark cross stitching all over the jacket gives such a luxurious detailed finish to the fabric, and the oversized fit is a style I could wear all day every day. I thought I might get bored of the pattern but it seems to fit with anything - although I guess loving to wear monochrome just about every day helps with that! I love the graphic crosses sat next to the mottled acid wash of the raglan tee underneath. I love print on print like this, they feel almost like part of the same collection even though the differing brands clearly show they're not! *thinks of print collections and realises I should be doing something with my degree!* #postunilifecrisis







I finished off the look with simple silver accessories. The necklace is from Pandora, which I got on my 21st birthday. I was always so anti-Pandora thinking all they did was cutesy animal and heart charms so was surprised to find this rhodium silver geometric charm. To me it didn't seem to fit in with the brand, but I guess that's why I liked it so much! The chain of the necklace itself is also rhodium silver and I like that it can be worn as a long necklace or twist round twice for a shorter piece depending on what suits your particular outfit. I also quickly need to mention about the chunky ring from & Other Stories! This, as well as the rest of their jewellery collection, is just so completely and utterly gorgeous! The minimalist style in differing shapes and textures makes the finished pieces look so much more expensive than their price tag (although they still turn my fingers green!) and I just love love loveee them all!



What do you think of this jacket and the rest of this monochrome look? Have you come across & Other Stories jewellery? Let me know in the comments!

Outfit: Jacket: Topshop Via eBay, T-shirt: Vero Moda, Necklace: Pandora, Trousers: Mango, Chunky Ring: & Other Stories, Dark Silver Ring (one of set of 5): H&M, Trainers: Nike

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

20 comments:

  1. the jacket is amazing, love the print. great ebay find
    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! love a good eBay find :) x

      Delete
  2. Loving the jacket! And you can't ever get to many jackets!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! they just finish off an outfit! x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely coat! It's very classic. Great piece!

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is pretty much perfect, if I could say so myself! I always find myself gravitating towards boring black coats, I'm thinking I should definitely take the leap and go for a printed one or at least a wild colour coat! Xx

    Shaqinah from http://shoesandroses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually the same but I just loved this one! Love your dark bold lip piece a few posts back :) x

      Delete
  5. You look lovely, you have great style!

    Skin & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks! your blog photography is so gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit!! Jacket and trousers go so well together <3 :) Jenn xx

    unitedvibe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Love your striped suit a few posts back :) x

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit! I actually remember when that Topshop coat was in stores as I was deciding between it and the one I eventually got. Such a lovely coat that'll never really go out of style xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I can't believe I missed this in stores! Still, eBay is the place for bargains x

      Delete