Monday, 29 September 2014

MONOCHROME MONDAY | WINTER COATS EDITION


Ahh, it's that time of year where the sun is still just about shining but the shops are telling us that we need to wrap ourselves up already in the beloved thick winter coat. I already have more than enough coats in my wardrobe, but it still feels like I am missing out on some of most timeless, must-have styles. I have my gorgeous oversized boyfriend fit tweed coat from Mango, which I still adore 2 years on, but I feel like as well as that I need a fur trim collar coat, and a duster coat, a trench coat and all the other classic styles I see gracing the shoulders of top bloggers every year. Maybe one purchase a year will be best for my bank balance; and if they are timeless choices, I'll be able to wear them year after year. So, of course, Topshop is ruling the ranks with the coat department once again, and out of all the choices I came across online, four of them ended up being from the high street giant. Plus, one of them is a Sister Jane coat found through the Topshop website, so basically five out of the six. My two favourites have got to be the sleeveless grey number and the playfully printed Sister Jane trench. They're both twists on a classic, making them stand out, yet at the same time I feel like I could purchase these now and for the next couple of winters not feel like I was wearing something off trend... Do you get me?


Which of my monochrome picks would you choose? Have you bought your coat for winter yet?

Wishlist: Boyfriend Coat, Sleeveless Coat (Similar Here), Texture Print Trench (Similar Here), Graphic Trench, Faux Fur Collar Coat, Wool Biker Coat

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

8 comments:

  1. I haven't sorted my winter coat yet and I'm so disappointed in myself! I love the first 2 coats the best, if only we could have them all...

    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry you still have time! :) and yes I think they're my favourites too, although I do like a good faux fur collar! x

      Delete
  2. Great picks!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) love your blog, the what you waiting for sweat is super cute! x

      Delete
  3. i love that boyfriend style and long coats are in trend right now...the only bad thing is that they look awful on me.
    xx

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they don't look awful on you! :) just took a look at your blog it's so pretty, am very jealous of your naked palette! x

      Delete
  4. super coat:)
    AND Giveaway on my blog-> http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/2014/10/giveaway-echo-paul.html
    xx
    Bianka

    ReplyDelete