Friday, 8 August 2014

LEGS OUT



I thought I better get this post up before the sun disappears for another 10 months and bare legs won't be acceptable! Well, not for me anyway! I literally never have my legs out, so these photos are definitely a one off. A mix of probably being to lazy to shave my legs every day (yes, ew!) and not wanting to tan my legs has resulted in me only wearing shorts without tights once this summer. The last shouldn't be a reason but it is; it seems lately it's basically unacceptable to expose your legs with out a generous tan! So for pale people like myself the choices seem to be to fake tan, go on copious amounts of holidays, or don't show your legs at all so to avoid the risk of being stared at. Sorry if people disagree, but I feel that people think that if your legs are out that you MUST be tanned or fake tanned, and to be honest I don't like to. No matter how good and experienced the person is at fake tanning you can still tell it's fake so what's the point? There's always the tell-tale signs around the wrists, elbows and ankles which just makes people look a bit dirty rather than tanned haha! And most of the time, the people who you want to notice you're tanned are your friends, but they're also the people who know your real skin tone and whether you've been on holiday or not, so also know whether it's fake or not! I don't know... it's just my opinion, so sorry if anyone disagrees!



Anyway on to the outfit. These little culottes and top were a purchase I made on my last trip to London. I am absolutely in love with the polka dot print! And love them even more contrasted with this stark mono-blocked top! After not shopping in River Island for well over a year, I popped in after seeing some cute sandals I'd seen on Zoella a couple of months back, and was so surprised at the transformation that River Island seems to have had. Last year when I made the venture inside I thought how cheap and "chavvy" it appeared, but this time I could have picked a whole load out if I had the money! I will definitely be checking out what's in store for A/W as soon as next pay day arrives! Speaking of A/W, I'll also be wearing these culottes in to the season, with some black tights and chunky cut out boots of course. I don't mean to wish away the sun but I really can not wait for A/W dressing - boots and wooly jumpers and duster coats... The best kind of dressing! I really hope trainers transition in to A/W as well as I literally wear these Nike SB's at every opportunity!




Does anyone else prefer non-fake tanned skin? Are you looking forward to A/W dressing as much as me?

Outfit: Top: River Island, Necklace: Topshop, Culottes: River Island, Bag: Primark, Socks: Topshop, Trainers: Nike

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter x

8 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The simple colours are really lovely, and I totally agree with you about tanning - I think it's such a shame that people feel the need to fake it as I don't think there's anything wrong with pale skin! I'm pretty pale myself but I just try to rock it, even when I'm abroad and amongst loads of tanned bikini bodies haha. I just stumbled across your blog and really love it, lots of love xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks! :) just had a look at your blog love the layout of it! so lovely x

      Delete
  2. i'm a trainer freak so i love your trainers with the socks, it looks so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! there's so many pairs of nikes that I want a the moment! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks :) love the leopard slip ons in one of your recent posts x

      Delete
  4. Aww you look so gorgeous!! Winter is my favourite time of year for fashion, I love a bit of layering!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! me too, loving the pieces coming in to stores so far for A/W! x

      Delete